2. Personal data processed by us
Depending on how you use the website or contact us, the personal data we collect and process about you include:
• Information related to the use of our website
Very Contemporary uses various techniques to keep track of who visits the website, how this visitor behaves on the website and which pages are visited. This is a common way of working for websites because it provides information that contributes to the quality of the user experience. The information that we register, via cookies, consists of IP addresses, the type of browser, and the pages visited. We also monitor where visitors visit the website for the first time and from which page they leave. We keep this information anonymously and it is not linked to other personal information.
• Information related to the subscription to our newsletter, such as your email address and the number of times you open our newsletters.
• The content of your communications with us, for example, when you contact us by email, phone, or otherwise.
3. The purposes and legal basis for processing your personal data
Very Contemporary collects and uses your personal data for the purposes set out below, based on the law.
• Required to represent the legitimate interests of Very Contemporary
We may use the aforementioned personal data to improve our services and to better understand and approach our visitors and relations, both on an aggregate and an individual level. This means that we analyse your use of our website and newsletter and that we use this information to improve our services in order to provide you with an improved user experience (for example, we analyse which web pages you visit and which newsletter you read).
• Based on consent
To the extent necessary, we will ask for your consent to keep you informed about news or activities. You can withdraw your consent at any time. How you can do this is described below.
• Required to comply with a legal obligation
We may use your personal data to comply with applicable laws, to comply with requests from public bodies and authorities, or to cooperate with law enforcement.
You can choose to disable cookies. You do this by using the options of your browser. You can find more information about these options on the website of the provider of your browser.
5. Who receives your personal data?
Only authorized employees of Very Contemporary have access to your personal data to the extent necessary for the performance of their work.
We will not disclose the personal data you have provided to us to third parties without your express prior consent, unless we are required to do so for the purposes set out under section 3.
6. Transfer of your personal data
Unless otherwise stated, we process and store your personal data within the European Union. It may be that our service providers transfer your personal data to a country outside the European Economic Area ('EEA') that does not offer the same level of protection under European law as the country where you normally use your products and/or services. In that case, we will take the necessary steps to ensure that your personal data are adequately protected, such as drafting standard EU contracts with parties outside the EEA.
We take appropriate and reasonable security measures to protect your personal data against unauthorized access, modifications, disclosure, loss or improper use, and to protect the accuracy and integrity of your personal data. In order to ensure a risk-adapted level of security, we implement technical and organizational measures, including security with regard to access to our systems.
8. How long do we keep your personal data?
9. What rights do you have with regard to your personal data and how can you exercise these rights?
Under the applicable laws and regulations, you have a number of rights with regard to your personal data, including:
• Right of access. At your request we will provide you, free of charge, with information regarding the personal data we process about you.
• Right to rectification. At your request we will correct, supplement, block, or delete your personal data in the event that these are factually incorrect, incomplete, or irrelevant for the objective or objectives of the processing, or when these are processed in any other way that infringes a legal provision.
• Withdrawal of consent. You can withdraw your consent at any time for future processing by us of your personal data.
• Right to erasure. If applicable, we will delete your personal data without unreasonable delay (right to be forgotten).
• Right of opposition. If applicable, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data based on, among other things, the basis of the 'legitimate interest' of Very Contemporary.
• Right to transfer data. If applicable, we will provide you with an overview of the personal data you have provided to us, so these data can be transferred to another data controller, to the extent that this (data portability) is technically possible.
• Right to file a complaint. Finally, you have the right to file a complaint with the supervisory authority if you believe that your personal data are being processed in violation of this privacy statement.
If you wish to exercise one of your rights, you can do so by using the contact information set out below.
10. Contact information